Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Unexpected - Update

On Monday I had my normal Monday activities. I always have an EKG, and then chemo immediately following. I took one of my daughters with me because she had yet to go to chemo and wanted to go. So Daren took us, and we went to lunch, grabbed some groceries, and got home. We weren't home very long and I got a call that the oncologist wanted me admitted to the hospital as soon as possible over some potassium issues. Very confusing on my part. A little while later my nurse, Diane, called and explained that they were actually pretty concerned about my EKG from earlier in the day and wanted me to be monitored regarding that overnight. What she was saying made much more sense.

After a lot of talking to doctors etc... it seems that the issue at hand is the chemo medicine I am taking (trisenox) is causing something called Prolonged QT heart rhythm. They are trying to fix it through my meds and hopefully we will.be able to do it that way. But if we cant I may have to be fitted with something with a pace maker temporarily.

That land of denial is looking so purty over yonder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment