Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Unexpected - test results

I got an email today from the doctor in charge of my oncology:

Ms Devries,Your PML/RARA transcript level was undetectable on your last bone marrow biopsy. This is the most sensitive test used to detect your leukemia. We will continue to monitor this transcript as you continue with treatment - and, yes, we will use a peripheral blood test and not a bone marrow biopsy. However, patients that get to this point and finish treatment have 98% or better chance for cure. 
Your B12 level was 520. This is more than acceptable. 
I know there is still a way to go - but you have done very well. 
Page me with questions (919-216-1215). We will start your treatment on 5/11.
HvD

Is that not awesome???



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very very awesome!!!

Pam said...

This is so awesome! You know me ... I'm going to tell you to get that B12 level up. :-) but I love the biopsy results!

Unknown said...

So happy to see this!! You're in my thoughts and prayers continually 😘

Post a Comment