Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Awesome Article

I found this great article on some things I wish I had known about cancer before I had gotten it.  So many things rang true for me.  For instance - not always having to be positive.  I seem to always have to be positive - always have to put a positive spin on things.  To be honest - sometimes there just isn't a positive spin to be put on things - end of story.

It's a process without a timetable.  Yeah - I don't deal well with that.  I want answers and I want them now. Being told I need to wait and for no apparent reason ...  no bueno.

Take time to remember who you are outside of cancer.  Huh.  There's a concept.

Embrace your impermanence. Moving with it allows you to have peace in a world where just existing can be stressful.  Whoa.

Be gentle with yourself.  You can't rush healing.

Grieving allows you to heal.

This is just a little bit.  Read the rest for yourself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kimberly-fink/10-things-i-wish-i-would-have-known-about-life-after-cancer_b_8433304.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment