Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November Gratefulness Post - November 16

One day while I was sitting in my room on the cancer ward at UNC Chapel Hill this reverend walked into my room.  At first I thought that maybe he was a chaplain with the hospital. I mean, why would I think anything else?

Then he explained that he was the father of someone that my husband and I went to HIGH SCHOOL WITH!!!!!!!!!  I mean what?  We live in North Carolina and went to high school in Massachusetts. Bethany Steigler Guiste and Kirk Steigler's dad, as well as Rebecca McGregor's pastor.  Their dad was now living in North Carolina and they had asked him to come to the hospital and check on me because they knew that I was in a bad way and needed that spiritual guidance and prayer.

I can't even tell you what it meant to me to have him come and visit with me.  It was such a short period of time, but the joy and peace that he brought to me simply can't be put into words.  We talked a bit. He prayed for me  and over me.  He anointed me with oil from the Holy Land. It meant so much to me!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It was just what I needed at just the right time. And to come from friends that we hadn't seen in such a long time, and certainly wasn't expecting it from ... all that more meaningful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment