Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, November 6, 2015

November Gratefulness Post - November 6

My family took my phone and my computer away from me after I had my stroke in the hospital. Having them just made things very frustrating for me because I had forgotten some very basic things.  Things such as passwords, and even to some extent how to do some basic typing because I had lost some a lot of functionality on the right side of my body.

So when a friend I had not seen in years walked into my ICU room to take care of me, I cried for the first time in a long time. Becky, the fact that we can go years not saying a word to each other, but that you would know exactly what I would need as soon as I would need it - that you would drop everything you have going on to give me what I need when I need it ... you just don't know how that made me feel.  That you know me so well... That you know my needs... physical, emotional, spiritual ... even from so far away ... so much so that you can just drop what you are doing and come be with me like that when I need you most.  Seeing you and spending time with you was such a treat - one I will never forget.  I am forever grateful to you for the time we spent together.  I sure hope the next time we spend time together it's not because one of us is really sick.


0 comments:

Post a Comment