Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, November 14, 2015

November Gratefulness Post - November 9

I was in such a bad place for a while at the hospital. And people came out of the wood work to support me. Some of them I have actually been with for off and on for about 7+ years now. Hard to believe.  But Wake Chapel Church has become a part of me.

I have worked with them through Upward Basketball and Cheerleading for a while now. My son did basketball. My girls did cheerleading. I was a cheerleading coach and then the commissioner. Then I was just too sick to do either. My one daughter decided she was more cut out to basketball instead of cheerleading.

But all along the way, Seth Carter made sure we could get in even when we missed deadlines due to my surgeries and sicknesses. Jenny McCreary pulled me in as a coach and commissioner - seeing in me what needed to be seen as a leader I didn't know I was. I will be forever grateful to them.

But to have Jenny show up at the hospital when I was pretty much at my worst, and show me love as though I was one of them will forever be emblazoned on my heart. It meant so much to me.  I hope that somehow, someway I will be able to repay you for your gift to me.  Even though my children have outgrown the Upward program I hope that I will be able to "pay it forward" and show the children in that program the love the I feel in my heart, not only towards Upward, but towards your church.

Thank you so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment