Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November Gratefulness Post - November 19

Cousins. Some of us have great ones.  Some of us take them for granted.  I have to say ... I think I have always taken mine for granted. I can go for very long periods with very little contact with mine. And for some reason I don't know why that is.  But I love them dearly.  And if they ever need me I do what I can for them.

But you don't know what your connection is to them until that connection is tested. Ours was tested last year when my dear Aunt Maggie passed into the next world. I loved her very much, and I will miss her dearly. So when she passed it was natural to step up and do what I could. It didn't even feel like enough.

But I was blown away by what my cousin, Angie, did for me when I got sick. It wasn't enough for her to check on me. She had to drop what she was doing and come up to North Carolina for a long weekend to help take care of me after I left the hospital.  This was so helpful in so many ways. It helped my mom and my husband because they had spent so much of their time taking care of me at that point. They were able to take a bit of a break at that point. She was very skilled and attentive to me and my needs. And it was just plain fun to spend time with her in a way we had not been able to in so many ways.  I know it wasn't quite the same because I wasn't quite up to par, but it really did mean so much to me.



The whole family just had so much fun while she was here. It was so needed. And it's something we all look back on with such fondness. I can't thank her enough.


0 comments:

Post a Comment