Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Sunday, November 8, 2015

November Gratefulness Post - November 7

When I was in the hospital I was amazed at the people who reached out to me and to my family. They made sure that we were all just encouraged and knew that we were surrounded in love.  Some of the people that did this were people were people we had not even seen in a very very long time. An example of this for me is Nobuko Shiraishi.

Nobu and I go back to Elementary school at Westminster Academy in Ft. Lauderdale. I love remembering our time together back then.  The fact that she remembers and not only that, but would take the time to reach out all the way from Japan just means so much.  Being able to introduce my family to the great traditions of Japan that Nobu was showing us was a great lesson as well as a fantastic distraction that I desperately needed at the time.  I still love to explain to other what the beautiful cranes are that they may find in different places - either on my desk or by my couch, etc... I love to spread the joy of those little cranes everywhere, but also I love to have the opportunity to tell the story as often as I can.

Thank you, old friend, for giving me one more thing to be grateful for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment